Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Ten Favorite Films Of All Time




Before we get to the list, I just want to say that these are my personal favorite films of all time....not necessarily what I think are the greatest films of all time. That's a different list, and if enough of you gracious readers would be interested in that, let me know.



1. STAR WARS Directed by George Lucas (Original Theatrical Version)

2. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY Directed by Sergio Leone

3. THE SEARCHERS Directed by John Ford

4. VERTIGO Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

5. METROPOLIS Directed by Fritz Lang

6. THE GENERAL Directed by Buster Keaton & Clyde Bruckman

7. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING Directed by Peter Jackson

8. MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON Directed by Frank Capra

9. BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN Directed by James Whale

10. THE BLUES BROTHERS Directed by John Landis




NOTE: If a film was part of a series, I limited myself to picking just that one entry. That is why, say, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK or THE TWO TOWERS is not on the list.

3 comments:

  1. Hard to argue with that list (I think more than one of them could also be on a greatest list too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see "The General" on your list. For a minute, I was afraid you weren't getting enough laughs out of your movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I get plenty of laughs out of my movies. Sometimes at the wrong things.

      Delete